dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

new things

Last night I went for the first time to a women's writers group. I was invited by my friend H. I'm compatible with this group. I thought it was a workshop, but I was wrong: we had some prompts and wrote most of the time, reading what we wrote afterwards. And we had some writing-related conversation. I was quiet and nervous to the point of tears, but I did my best to be me.

We met at a coffee shop called Butch-N-Nellie's. The girlfriend of one of the group members works there. I got steamed milk with honey and a shot of almond syrup, a favorite drink from my youth.

Today Erik is hiking somewhere in the Muir woods, I think. I went to Trader Joe's this morning. I got some things we needed: bread, eggs, fruit. I bought some red currants on a whim, and I don't like them very much--kind of sour--but it's good to try new things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home