dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

zine update

Today we went to Copy Central and I copied both Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine #43 and functionally ill #3. I feel pretty good about both. ELM #43 has a lot of poems in it, and I know most people don't like poems very much, so I don't think it will be the most well-received issue ever, but I like it. As for functionally ill #3, I have some dissatisfaction with it, but it's been so long delayed, I decided to finally be done with it, to stop being so perfectionist. So I'll be binding for a few days. I plan to send letters with the zines, so I won't be mailing all at once, which is nice. It costs 58 cents to send just ELM and 75 cents to send both together. I got a stamp donation from my best friend a few days ago, which is helpful. An acquaintance who runs a distro is sending me a check soon. Months ago my friend R sent a donation in a red envelope. I say something welcoming donations on the back of ELM #43, and I'm hoping some people decide to contribute. The other day Erik was telling me how he thinks I should start charging, but I really want to keep them free. When I get orders in the mail, people sometimes send a few dollars. Anyway, it feels good to have new zines again.

2 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2008 2:42 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    I love your poems!

    Have you ever thought about applying for a grant? Maybe there is a local arts group or something...? I think your zine is definitely a grant-worthy project, and I admire how you give it away for free. But indeed, postage definitely adds up; I've even felt that with Teeny Tiny.

     
  • At March 06, 2008 10:30 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi, Mandy. Thanks for saying you love my poems. I love yours too. Your grant idea is a good one. I will keep that in mind. I like the way you give zines away too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home