dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, April 28, 2008

plain haystacks

The other day I made some carob haystacks. They're just like chocolate haystacks only I can't have chocolate, so I use carob powder instead of cocoa. They're quite tasty.

But this morning I decided to try making plain haystacks. I was afraid they might be bland, but they're delicious. The brown sugar and peanut butter and vanilla give plenty of flavor. Let me tell you the recipe.

1/4 cup soymilk
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter

1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups oats

Combine the first three in a saucepan and heat to boiling. Let sit one minute. Then add everything else and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper and refrigerate half an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home