dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 27, 2008

two things I failed to mention

A couple weeks ago someone hit our car. It was at night--our car was parked on the street--someone hit it and left a note. The note said he hit our car above the left rear wheel, so we looked there, saw the tiniest ding, and were like, "No big deal." So I called the guy and told him so.

Then later that day, I went out to the car and saw the dent on the driver's door. It was much more than a ding. But we were extremely stressed out at the time, and I didn't want to deal with calling the guy back and getting the insurance info and taking it to a body shop. I talked to a friend about it, and we weighed pros and cons. What it comes down to is that neither of us had the strength at the time. If it happened today, it would be a different story.

One of the reasons we were so stressed out is thing I failed to mention number two. We got a bill from county for more than $2500. They decided to bill us for all the medication I ever got from them that they hadn't already billed us for. We were shocked, and I did another fee waiver form. My caseworker said she would call me, and I haven't heard from her. I will call her Monday.

I was too stressed out at the time to talk about these things, but I thought I would mention them now for the record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home