dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

what would the community think?

I used to be really weird about new music. I had to get psyched out to listen to it. I needed to feel stable to let something so powerful into my head. And I felt stable so rarely. So it would take me forever to listen to music people gave to me. But I really was doing my best to listen to that music.

Anyway, I changed. I listen to new music all the time now. But I would like to apologize. I'm sorry.

Also in the news, I went to the regular grocery store today. That means I know what the cover of the current Cosmo promises. (Sex secrets, surprisingly enough.) I went looking for clemintines for Erik because that's his favorite snack, and Trader Joe's is all out. I also looked for some certain special pretend ice cream, carrot cake flavor, that I think has been discontinued. We need to look at Whole Foods.

Anyway, I ended up getting some butter pecan pretend ice cream and some real actual caramel Haagen Dazs ice cream in little single-serving packages. Erik just gave me a bite, and it's heavenly. Ice cream is a luxury item, I know. I broke the law.

In addition to cleminintes and the aforementioned ice creams, I got some Brussels sprouts and bananas. Bananas is another of Erik's common snack foods, but he doesn't like them very much. They're just so convenient.

Tonight I'm listening to Cat Power, which is unusual. I think I'm feeling resilient enough.

I had a long talk with my best friend this afternoon. She called me on my cell phone, and I went outside to the car to talk to her so Erik would be undisturbed. The car got hot. E has been listening to me talk for 18 years and is very good at it. She is smart about people and pain and how to move forward. So I'm moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home