dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 24, 2008

can't think of a title

Today I worked at the Vedanta bookstore, my regular Thursday afternoon volunteer shift. I needed to make some tapes, but we type the labels on a typewriter, but it ran out of ribbon. Someone bought a new ribbon for me, but I didn't have the first idea how to install it. So I had to make the labels by hand.

My friend R visits me every week. Before, I thought he hated me. But I think we're getting comfortable with one another. I think initially we were wary of one another. He made me nervous. But he put his life in my hands a few times: I held the ladder while he took risks, like pruning high bushes and trying to reach things on the roof.

Some customers came in right before closing time, and they had a list of books they were looking for, so I had to help them search. It was hard. But we found almost everything. They ended up buying about eight books. But most of them were super cheap Indian books. I got out of there late.

Sometimes I just stared out the window, listening to music, seeing the new growth leaves of a tree outside glowing in the light. I have this CD I made myself of mostly yoga tunes. Back when I had a working CD burner.

Then I scored some in the evening. I ended up scoring three and a half hours today, which is really good, for me. And I think we're done. I will log in tomorrow morning and see. But Erik's grade isn't done.

We went for a night walk, which is unheard of. I was afraid of getting shot. So we didn't walk that long. I wanted to keep to the main roads--I thought that would be safer. Don't actually know. We were walking because Erik was upset about politics.

I am super sleepy. Erik's sitting. I'm dizzy with sleepiness. So good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home