dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 10, 2008

the phonecall

This morning I had my EDD interview. The worker was difficult, and the questions were too. She wanted dates I didn't have, just like I imagined. I had a hard time holding in my tears until it was over. They probably get lots of criers. It's really hard to be questioned in that way.

But the bottom line is that she believed me when I said I didn't intentionally lie on my form, so I don't think I'm in trouble. It's only three weeks, and I don't think we'll even owe any money. It's just a question of whether the funds I got those weeks should come from unemployment or disability, and my benefit amount for each was the same, so it should come out even. I wish the call didn't even have to happen. But it's over now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home