dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

lately

Last night was women's writers night. We did an activity I brought where we each chose an evocative phrase or sentence written by children and used it to write a poem or story fragment.

We also did a found poetry exercise, cutting out words from old magazines, and we ran out of time. I didn't know it would take so long.

I was edgy and uncomfortable. I don't know why. But I like H's cat, and it was good to be around people. I ate some blue corn chips.

Today's my last day scoring Arkansas. Tomorrow we start SAT. SAT pays more and is easier. However, I forgot how to score it, but I bet remembering will be easy.

Yesterday morning Erik and I took a walk at the park, and I was seething with misery for no actual reason. This morning I slept in until 9, strangely enough, and feel at peace.

The battery went dead on the truck again, we think from letting it sit so long after the last time we jumped it. So we're going to jump it again today and drive it around a lot and then not let it sit so long ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home