dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 03, 2008

at choir practice today

P and I didn't discuss it beforehand, but I thought from the look in her eye that she would ask me to practice the Sunday morning worship songs, and she did. So I played on harmonium, leading the choir as they sang. I made one mistake, but it went unnoticed.

Really, I wasn't leading them in that the choir has sung these songs so many times, over and over, that they don't need any direction.

I was terribly nervous, but I lived. I wonder if she'll ask me to play at worship tomorrow morning. I don't think I want to. But hopefully the more I do it, the easier it will get, and I need to be prepared for the weekend she'll be away.

So, it was my first time playing Ya Devi and, uh, that other one I forget the name of, with other people around. I think my speeds were a little off. But I will just go with the choir's speed and hopefully be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home