dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, May 08, 2008

asparagus

Saturday I bought some very tasty asparagus at the farmers market, and I love it. I finished it off just now. I like to chop it into bite-sized pieces and saute it in butter, then put salt on it and eat it.

Today a new SAT scoring session started. I'm glad to be on the project I know best. However, it's hard to work so many days in a row. I haven't had a day off since April 6th. Wow.

Today I got a letter in the mail that scares me. It's from EDD, and they're going to call and interview me on Saturday morning between 8 and 10. I called this afternoon to say, "I'm not currently receiving any benefit--what is this about?" and they said it's about when I was getting disability and unemployment at the same time. Sounds bad. Of course, I never intended to get both at the same time. And I don't think I ever did. Erik says to just do my best and answer the questions. I think they're going to want dates and facts that I just don't keep good enough records to provide.

I got some tomato soup from Whole Foods. It's organic creamy tomato soup by Imagine, sold in a box. I don't like it much--too much celery. I prefer the butternut squash soup I got from Trader Joe's, also in a box--it has a certain perfuminess that was at first off putting (reminded me of the smell of laundry detergent), but then it grew on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home