dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, May 22, 2008

a special visit

Yesterday my friend A came to town, and the big surprise is that she came without her kids! This was only the second time ever that I had seen her without her kids. We went to Maalouf's for lunch--Maalouf's is Lebanese food. Then we went to A's doctors appointment in Davis. I actually went in with her to see the doctor as if I was her relative. It was very sweet. Then we went fabric shopping. I had never gone fabric shopping as an adult. Then we went to the apartment, and I showed A my photo album. It was fun to look at old pictures. Then she showed me her three saris which she ordered online. One of them I really liked, the dark red one, and A wrapped it around me. I felt special to be so adorned.

Then today was day one of a two day outside-the-home job scoring CSET. I had a hard time, especially in the morning. I felt lethargic and stupefied. We need to go to bed early again tonight. I wrote in my journal and started a letter to E, but it didn't come out right, so I'm scrapping it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home