dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, May 01, 2008

wind blew all the power lines down / watch where you step if you go walking around

Erik's been emailing his dad every night before bedtime. It's a nice pattern.

I've been up and down. At the bookstore this afternoon I had no customers and not even my usual visitor R. I saw him right before my shift started, though, and he told me about seeing a lizard on the path. I don't always know how to respond to him. I'm afraid I come off as uncaring or sarcastic when in reality I'm earnest but lack grace.

I was happy to get no customers. I wrote in my journal and chatted online with A and with Erik. I stared out the window again and looked at leaves again. It's amazing how much can change in a week.

Erik's project scored out today, so he's free. He hasn't been invited to score Arkansas. My training is heinous. I don't know if I'll qualify. It's an interesting challenge. If I don't make it, that's fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home