dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 09, 2008

today, tomorrow

The mall makes me really uncomfortable. I feel like I'm entering a world where everyone's judged harshly--where I'm being judged harshly--where fashion matters and there's nothing more important than the way you look. I don't belong at the mall.

But this morning we went to Arden Faire so Erik could buy some special tea. He's been wanting green rooibos for months. He also wanted to look at glass tea pots.

I figured while we were at the mall, I would buy some bras. So that's what happened--we were in and out of there pretty quickly.

Then for a treat we went to a new-to-us thrift store, Sacramento's SPCA thrift store. Erik found a ton of clothes, and I bought blank greeting cards. We also got a phone--Erik wanted a phone with a cord as opposed to cordless. It seems to work just fine. The SPCA thrift store is big. My friend A volunteers there--I think she works Sundays.

Tomorrow night I'm having dinner with my friend H and then we're going to a poetry workshop.

Also tomorrow, my best friend E leaves on her momentous trip to Colorado.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home