dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, June 06, 2008

let the dandelions breed

I drove the truck to and from the bookstore yesterday without incident. The only problem is that the check engine light came on.

Yesterday I got in the mail a huge packet of zines from the person who runs Zine World, zines for me to review for them. It looks like I got some good ones. I immediately started reading the latest from Christoph Meyer, which I was actually sent a month or more ago by his wife Lisa. It's really good. It's about preparing to hike the Appalachian Trail.

Lately I've been playing a puzzle game called JewelDrops Deluxe, which is a variation on what I guess is a classic puzzle game called Columns. It's not as great as Puzzle Bobble but has its charm.

Last night we watched The Simpson's Movie and were not too impressed. We thought it would be very funny. It had its moments: I liked Spider Pig, and I liked the whole creepy prediction at the beginning, Marge working it out in magnetic poetry on the fridge. As always, I like the character who collects comics. We liked when Flanders made Bart hot chocolate, when he grated chocolate on top and used a torch to toast the marshmallow.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home