dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 18, 2008

lost

This morning I went to the lab place and got blood drawn. They only had to stick me once, so I was glad. I went there fasting. The worker behind the counter seemed to hate people. The patients in the waiting room seemed to be in bad moods. The phlebotomist was young and unfriendly. I don't like going there. But I read Brainscan #20 and tried to relax while I waited. Then they called me in, and I read a laminated piece of paper on the wall to my left saying how you're supposed to apply pressure to the site of the venipuncture for two to three minutes after the procedure and other advice. "We strive to provide you with a pain-free experience, but sometimes discomfort is unavoidable," the sign said, something along those lines. It was strange how the sign was giving me so much info, but the actual people were silent. Someone who couldn't read would feel lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home