dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 15, 2008

lately

I've been staying home a lot messing around on the computer--working on Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine #44, which keeps getting longer and longer as I wait for the cover! And working on functionally ill #4, which is kind of almost done too. I got a different artist to do the cover for that one. He and I are in the middle of arranging it on myspace.

I was reading like mad, a book called Cecile by Ruthann Robson. It's short stories but reads like a novel. I finished it this morning. The two main characters are lesbians. Then I started Instead of Education by John Holt. It's good and pretty readable, not too heavy. Holt is an unschooler. A few days ago my friend A wanted to know why I was interested in Holt. I said because I'm an ex-teacher. Also, I am very into in adult development and learning.

Kitty likes to stand in the middle of the room crying like he wants to be petted, but then if you pet him, he's not satisfied. He's impossible to please. "Do you like the sound of your own voice?" I ask him.

Yesterday was a good mail day. I got a package I was waiting for, some Christmas presents (I shop early) and White Elephants #2 by my friend Katie H. And I got Lilliputs from my friend Don Wentworth. I'm always excited to have those on my desk.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home