dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, October 09, 2008

a mistake

Today and next Thursday I took off from the bookstore because SAT scoring started today, and I need to get more hours than ever so I can meet the minimum and not get fired. Also, working at the bookstore is stressful, and so is SAT scoring, and I'm trying to minimize stress for the sake of my well being.

So I left a note for bookstore boss about this a couple weeks ago, and it's sitting on his desk, front and center. But he didn't ask A to make a sign last night saying the bookstore would be closed today, which is weird.

Anyway, I went in to do a project that I'm working on involving an exchange of tapes and CDs in a box in the library, and Swami spotted me and asked if I was working--I said no. He asked me to put a sign on the bookstore door saying it was closed today, and he had made a sign himself and gave it to me. So I did that and finally did the CD / tape exchange involving a box in the library.

Swami didn't ask why I wasn't working--he seemed unsurprised and neutral about it. But I feel guilty that I took today and next Thursday off, like I'm just making up my reason, when the reason is true. I wish Swami hadn't seen me, because that makes it more complicated.

At any rate, Peace Water puja is tonight, and I'll get sprinkled with holy water after singing a song I don't like, Mahishasura, all 10 verses.

Today's really windy, and I got an earache from being out in it, though I was only out in it very briefly. I went to the post office to send off some zines, and I went to the library to return something that was due today and no more renewals.

SAT scoring is okay so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home