dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 15, 2009

vegan ginger carrot cake, moong dal

Last night I baked a cake while Erik was out playing video games with T. It's my vegan ginger carrot cake that I've made many times only I leave out the raisins entirely and use soymilk instead of apple juice. This time I put in extra ginger, and I grated the carrot finer than usual, and I think it's the best cake I've ever eaten in my life. Erik thinks so too. Well, back when I ate chocolate my mom made me a kick-ass brownie nut cake. But I'm trying to say this carrot cake is really good!

This afternoon I made some dal. It's moong dal. I followed the recipe except I doubled it and added tons of garlic and ginger. It's easy and so good. It's much like a soup we used to eat all the time known as sacred soup which is basically the same thing only with red lentils and it's made in two different pots rather than one. This new recipe is easier. Anyway, it's the kind of good that grows. The more you eat, the better it gets. I really recommend this dal to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home