dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

textiles

Tonight there was a puja for Chaitanya, and something wonderful happened. My friend V gave me a shawl she brought me back from Nepal! She came home from Nepal a while ago, so she had it for a long time, but her husband has been sick, and she's been super busy with him at the nursing home. The shawl is deep black with a colorful stripey pattern at the edge. I will see if Erik will take a picture tomorrow.

Coincidentally, my friend B asked me about my om bag. "Where did you get that great bag with all the oms on it?" he asked. I told him the bookstore--"Our bookstore?" he asked. I said yes. He said he hadn't seen it. I told him, "You never go there!" He said, "You're right." I asked, "Have you ever been there?" B lives in the monastery but has a problem with his leg that keeps him from getting around very far. He told me he'd been there once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home