dangerous compassions

this may be the night / our bodies fill with light

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Have'a Corn Chips


Last time we went to Whole Foods, we bought two bags of Have'a Corn Chips. Poking around online I read a little about them.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2005-11-24/food/nirvana-corn-chip-style/

Turns out there used to be an om symbol on the bag. Heck yeah! It disappeared after September 11th--coincidence? I guess they don't do interviews. I remember we first got Have'a Corn Chips from a natural foods store in Mammoth Lakes, California. And we fell in love.

But a commenter on the OC Weekly post reminds us that corn and soy are big GMO crops. I don't know how I feel about GMO foods--definitely would rather avoid them. GMO foods is one of the things I should know more about.

Anyway, we ate them with guacamole. I made guacamole for dinner last night and lunch today. Then Erik finished off the second bag with some green salsa just a little bit ago.

2 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2012 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm writing for the reason that you are explaining. I was wondering about the GMO's and can't find any info. There is "organic" corn and "organic" soybeans, so maybe? Have'a chips is not using the GMO kind? I'm guessing they do because it's likely much cheaper and easier to get since the overwhelming majority of corn in the US is GMO. I hope you're still around to let me know if you have since found out for sure.
    Thanks!

     
  • At August 01, 2012 9:27 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hello! No, I have not found out whether this brand of chips uses GMO corn. But like you, I assume yes, because the overwhelming amount of corn in the US, I've heard too, is GMO. Good luck in your quest for this information, if you're still questing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home