dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 15, 2009

psychiatrist

I see my psychiatrist tomorrow morning. I want to talk to him about anxiety and about how I'm probably losing my services July 1st. Erik and I have been thinking about that. My most expensive medication is so expensive. But my parents have offered to help. We really don't want to try to change anything when what I have in place is working so well. On the other hand, maybe it's working so well because I'm actually fine and don't need any medication at all. It's the crazy person's dilemma--am I really crazy? Do I really need all these little pills?

The most important thing is not to forget about the appointment. That's happened once before, and then as punishment I had to go to something called Med Group before I could get a new appointment. (Med Group was actually fine, but I showed up an hour late for that, and it was a miracle that the guy who runs it would talk to me when I came so late.) I don't think of Saturday mornings as doctor time, but all my appointments with him have been Saturday mornings.

I typed up something about my anxiety for the psychiatrist, and it's scary to give it to him because the last time I typed up something for a doctor and gave it to him--that was my first psychiatrist, Dr N--he wouldn't read it and made me feel dumb. A version of what I typed is going to be in the next functionally ill, which might not be out for a long time, but at least I'm working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home