dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 11, 2009

scary

I haven't had a caseworker in a few months. My old one left. I have been calling every so often to see if I've been assigned a new one. Finally this morning I spoke with someone who told me they weren't assigning new caseworkers until July 1st. Also, he asked if I have Medi-Cal because if I don't it looks like I won't get services after July 1st.

So when I see my psychiatrist Saturday May 16th, I need to bring up the fact that I'll probably lose all services July 1st and need to get off my super-expensive medication to find something less expensive. I also want to bring up the anxiety I've been having. Don't know if there will be time for both.

2 Comments:

  • At May 11, 2009 3:32 PM, Blogger Ephemeral Mailbox Museum said…

    L-M, these are such huge things to consider. I'm hoping so much that you'll be able to work something out that will actually work well for you. The idea of changing medication to an affordable one (but to one that might possibly not be as effective) is something that terrifies me for anyone. You sound calm and very brave. Even if it seems like there isn't enough time, I say bring it up because at least he can start thinking about it now and possibly doing some research or something.

     
  • At May 11, 2009 8:27 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi, N. Thanks for your good wishes and steady words. Your comment helps me feel supported and like I'll be okay. Yes, I will definitely bring it up with him. The scary thing is that my appointments with him are every three or four months. So this will probably be the last time I ever see him. So we won't be able to try things and make adjustments. This is it. I hate dealing with county and wish Erik had a real job so I could have health insurance and not have to worry this much. Maybe one day. Or maybe one day I'll have a real job. Thanks for saying I sound calm and brave!

    love,
    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home