dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 18, 2009

insomnia

Lately I haven't been sleeping too well. This morning early I was tossing and turning for an hour and a half. But then once Erik got up, I was able to sleep almost right away. I slept in until 9:10 when P called to check and make sure I was home before heading out to drop off the manuscript. I feel weird and tired. In addition to that hour and a half, I was up earlier in the night too. First Kitty wakes me up. Then worries attack me. Last night I was worrying about the camping trip we might be going on--trying to get a campsite at Cherry Lake on a weekend in summer might be a dumb idea. They don't take reservations. I really like our friend A who we'll be spending time with, but I really don't like Yosemite in the summer.

Today it's supposed to get hot. I wasn't up early enough to take a walk in the cool morning air. Yesterday I made a dish called rice and lentils. We got the recipe from a book of backpacking recipes years and years ago. So it's very easy and simple. I used red lentils from the Indian grocery and brown rice and extra onions.

Smart & Final has onions ten pounds for a dollar this weekend. And cantaloupe is five pounds for a dollar. Boy am I tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home