dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

night

Life is SAT scoring. This morning I didn't get up until 9:30 (I was up some in the night, with Kitty, and then with insomnia). I spent the day without Erik. He was working outside the home. He's trying to work eight hours a day at this other job and two and a half hours a day at home.

We went for a walk. It was dusky out. We didn't go as far as usual because Erik wanted to come home and score SAT. We stumbled upon a group of people in the church parking lot. A woman stared at my legs. A man said, "Nice night, isn't it?" or something like that.

Then on the way home, we passed the house that had some wood for sale out front, and a woman with a wheelbarrow was taking it away. It's the woman with the beautiful front yard garden with tulips and everything.

Reading The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's very dreamy so far. Reminds me of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle in that way. But I'm not very far in at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home