dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, June 13, 2009

magical thinking

Today we went to the park so Erik could run. This was a wonderful idea, to get out of the apartment. First we went to Howe park, but it was super crowded, so then we went to McKinley park, which was fine. I walked and then worked on a letter to my cousin S who's in prison.

Today I had choir practice. My friend P who runs the choir is sick. She should have canceled choir practice. She might have the flu. She's not going to worship tomorrow. (She has an accent from Idaho, and when she says worship it sounds like warship--I just talked to her on the phone.) I really hope I didn't get her germs today. I touched the handle of the harmonium where she had just touched. I washed my hands right when I got home.

I've been reading The Year of Magical Thinking some more. Not sure it's a good idea.

1 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2009 11:20 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said…

    Laura-Marie! It's Sunday, the 14th. I will be knocking on your door around 6pm, give or take a little. Phone is still MIA, so I can't call. :-(

    *cuddles*
    Ann Marie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home