dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

damnit

This evening when I made my daily call to the courthouse, I found out tomorrow morning is my time to report to the courthouse for jury duty. I have to be there at 8. Tonight I've been obsessing on logistics--Erik has to give me a ride. I'm looking at satellite photos on google, drawing myself a little map of the area--Central Library and Cesar Chavez Park are nearby. Our landline is not working, so I have no way of calling Erik if I get done early, so I'm going to give him my cell phone and hope there's a payphone I can call him from. I wish there was a specific loading zone where I can be sure Erik will be able to drop me off and pick me up. A few years ago I had jury duty at this same courthouse, and I don't know why I don't remember.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home