dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Medi-Cal

Last night I opened mail saying I got Medi-Cal but that my share of cost per month is more than $2000. This is based on their calculation that we make more than $52,000 a year, absolute bunk--it's difficult to calculate our monthly income because of the erraticness of our work schedules. So workers who try to calculate it fail. As things are, I will only be helped if I have to go to the hospital for some reason. I could try to get them to recalculate our income, which would result in our share of cost being something like $1000 a month instead, which still won't help me pay my $400 a month medication bill.

4 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2009 10:37 PM, Blogger Hethre said…

    Ugh. So sorry to hear that. :( I hear stories like this all day long and it never gets easier to hear. So sorry. We need better health care in this country.

     
  • At September 30, 2009 8:57 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yes, here's hoping for better health care soon.

     
  • At October 12, 2009 3:18 PM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    I think Obama is screwing the pooch on health care reform.

    Um...$2000 a month? So half your income, if you two made as much as they seem to think, should be your shared cost? Fuck them! Fuck this system. I can't even be logical right now. We should move to France! Become citizens.

     
  • At October 12, 2009 10:09 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I appreciate your care, HH. I can't be logical either. Erik talks about moving to Scandinavia. But they wouldn't have us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home