dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 11, 2009

vox

Last night at two in the morning someone was singing outside, but not a regular kind of singing--it was vengeful, somehow. I put in ear plugs.

Tonight Erik and I went to an art opening. Erik's best friend T has some photos up at a gallery downtown. There was wine and cheese--we partook of neither. I had some veggies, some hummus, a cookie. It was fun to look at all the art and stand around. There were lots of photos of fireworks. Lots of flowers. Some of Mono Lake. Regular lakes with mountains.

Yesterday and earlier today I was feeling wired in an unhappy way, but I feel better tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2009 11:02 PM, Blogger Hethre said…

    Not that vengeful singing is pleasant to listen to, especially when you can't turn it off... but who's to say vengefulness isn't within the scope of "regular" song styles/emotions? :)

     
  • At September 30, 2009 9:11 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yeah, I will agree with you that vengefulness is within the scope of regular emotions, but I hadn't heard any vengeful singing, at least in real life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home