dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, October 15, 2009

pancakes

Tomorrow someone's coming to inspect the apartments. It's a bank--the landlord said something about the bank wanting to make sure their loan is secure. Erik thinks the apartment complex is the collateral for a loan? I don't understand it, myself. All I know is that I'm super anxious. I'm planning to go to the park while the inspectors are here.

SAT scoring started today. I made banana almond cornmeal pancakes for dinner. They were really good.

M in Brooklyn called last night. He talked with Erik for about an hour and with me for about 40 minutes. He always asks about what I'm writing and what I'm reading. I never feel like they're good enough. I think he wants me to write poems a lot. And read poems a lot. But I go through phases where I can and can't, and that feels out of my control.

2 Comments:

  • At October 16, 2009 7:25 AM, Blogger morgret said…

    Erik's probably right. It' just like a home mortgage where the house is the collateral for the loan. My guess is that they want to look at the place to make sure that it's not falling down and that it is worth what it's supposed to be worth.

    The bank wouldn't want the owner to default, only to find out that the apartment complex has no running water, is falling apart, and they wouldn't be able to sell it for close to what it is supposedly worth.

     
  • At October 18, 2009 11:27 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi--thanks for helping me understand what they were inspecting for. I got through it okay--I went to the park.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home