dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

dinner tonight, park this afternoon

Today for dinner I made spinach and tomato salad with walnuts, acorn squash with earth balance and salt, and sauted tofu. It was a really nice dinner. Later I want to have leftover vegan carrot ginger birthday cake. I finally baked yesterday, and it turned out perfect, best ever.

Today we went to the park. I walked and wrote a letter to my friend L in LA on pink paper. Some girls came up to me--one wanted to use my phone. "What for?" I asked. "To call my dad," she said. I agreed to it but told her she needed to dial the area code. Her friend talked to me about the fountains in the pond. We listened as the other one talked to her dad. "I'll be home before dark," she promised. They were very sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home