dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 22, 2010

dream deferred

This morning we were supposed to go to brunch with friends, but I was sad to have a call saying someone was sick. We had been planning on tofu scramble at Fox & Goose. Alas. We went for a walk instead in the rain-wet world. Then Erik went to sushi with his bestie. In the afternoon we went to Temple II where I wrote a long-ass letter to my favorite person in Florida and then read my own zines. Then we went to the co-op where I succeeded at not buying kale chips. But I did buy a vegan cinnamon roll--I was so hungry, and I knew it would mess up my blood sugar, but we had leftover sweet potato black bean chili right when we got home and I was okay. Also we bought mung beans, soy yogurt in lemon and cherry, waxed paper, bananas. We oggled the truffles, both white and black. Erik agonized over whether to buy Pain au Levain and decided no. I am so tired. Erik's washing dishes, and we're listening to a Yo Yo Ma CD that has some good stuff and some hokey stuff. Hmm, don't know how to spell hokey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home