dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

all me, all the time

Yesterday I was without internet. I baked sweet potato biscuits for breakfast then a new recipe for vegan oatmeal breakfast cookies which did not knock my socks off. However, I'm eating some for breakfast right now because I can't think of anything else. And Erik likes them, of course. He likes everything.

Then in the afternoon I washed a metric ton of mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, peeled ginger, got out onions, got out spices, got out a can of tomato paste and a can of chickpeas and the can-opener, etc. Found brown rice. But Erik got home from work early, so we went for a walk during a brief period of rainlessness. And then he worked on fixing the internet--it took a long time. I bound zines and then made dinner. Mushroom curry. I was feeling really, really down and Erik gave me pep talks. We tried to go to bed early since he's working outside the home today.

Still stormy today, which I like--however, my computer went off for a sec earlier, so I guess my UPS isn't plugged in. What the heck.

I want to make Mexican Wedding Cakes, a cookie my mom always makes, so I can put it in the vegan cookzine. I know it can be done--in fact, my mom used to bake with margarine, so I've kind of had it vegan many times ("kind of" because the powdered sugar wasn't vegan, surely, but some people are not sticklers about that). I need to wash dishes. I also need to put in a chickpea cutlets recipe, how I make it, from The Veganomicon. I'd also like to make the black bean sweet potato chili one more time to make sure I've got the bean-to-spices ratio just right, but I forgot to soak the beans last night. I guess I could just cook them all day.

Well, that's what's going on with me. I'm enjoying The Elegance of the Hedgehog and want to finish it sooner rather than later so I can give it back. I want to scan the covers of new zines Erik and LM Magazine 46 and functionally ill 6 so I can blog them and post to facebook and maybe livejournal. The cover of fi is excellent, made my artist friend Niku. The cover of ELM turned out fantastic too, better than I'd imagined, though it was kind of embarrassing to photocopy a bandanna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home