dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ed Brown, SBMG, chia pudding

Tonight we went to Sac Buddhist Meditation Group. There was a talk by Ed Espe Brown. So we went, and it was great. I survived the 30 min sit excellently. And the talk was really good--funny and inspiring. He told a story about going to a Mac store, and about his girlfriend, and about the documentary he was in. He talked about listening to your heart, being present.

Whenever I go to SBMG I feel class issues like I'm sitting with a bunch of rich people who have their heads up their asses. Also, I feel really detached because I'm not a Buddhist--I'm just visiting. But my husband's a Buddhist, so I get a special deal of being sort of Buddhist by association. I mean, I have to put up with a lot of Buddhist stuff, like all his meditating, so I deserve a consolation prize.

I put cinnamon in tonight's chia pudding, and it's even better that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home