dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 14, 2010

yesterday

We went to delicious lunch at Thai Basil, and then we went to Art Ellis. I talked to the woman who runs the place who I took a one-day bookmaking class from at the library. We talked about thread. It was nice to talk about thread with someone who knows a lot about it. The color kelly green I was looking for before doesn't seem to exist. So I would need to get green cotton thread and wax it myself with paraffin--she said she's done it before.

Anyway, I bought some beautiful papers from her--I want to make the next ELM very zine-like visually, like I did about 20 issues ago. So I'll cheat with some paper that's probably meant for scrapbooking. But it's so pretty.

Then we went to Book Collector. I know I'm really late, but I got Noam Chomsky's little book on 9-11. Actually, it's interviews with him. And I got a book of poems by Marilyn Krysl called Warscape with Lovers that I had been looking for for many years. They didn't even have any Marilyn Krysl at Powell's (my reason for not moving to Portland--just kidding).

Then we went to Temple and I wrote in my journal and read.

Oh, I forgot to say we went to the library too. There I got The Dream of Water, a memoir by a Japanese-American woman whose mother kills herself. And I got some Gabriel Garcia Marquez stories too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home