dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 07, 2010

Anna Karenina

Yesterday we went to an excellent violin and cello concert at a church with beautiful stained glass windows. We tried to figure out what was happening in the pictures. It was sparsely attended, and I wish there had been more people so the applause would have thundered for them. They got a standing ovation again. I think they're really talented.

Then at night we went to a talk by Reb Anderson. It didn't speak to me like last year, but I'm glad we went.

Today we filled out our absentee ballots to deliver at the polling place across the street tomorrow. We also went to Sunflower and I had a super nut burger while Erik had the mushroom millet burger, his favorite. I researched Santa Cruz restaurants, looked at menus and everything.

I'm reading Anna Karenina for the second time, and it's kind of painful to read it knowing everything that's going to happen. Doomed!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home