dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 11, 2010

turnip vs rutabaga

Turnips cost less than rutabagas at Whole Foods, so I wanted to research the difference, and I've been learning a lot. Well, I shouldn't be buying veggies at Whole Foods to begin with, but that's where we go to buy our water (we fill glass gallon jugs), so it's convenient.

An artist friend sent me some beautiful art the other day, and I put some up. I don't know how he would feel about me scanning some and putting it here for you to see--I should ask him.

Today through freecycle we got some unopened bottles of co op vitamins. It's kind of fun to get directions and drive to a new place. This person's house was in Carmichael, about 20 minutes away, and easy to find.

Last week at farmers market we bought a bunch of Thai basil, and today we used some in a pasta dish, like you might use regular basil--just spaghetti with garlic sauteed in olive oil and the basil added raw at the end. Very good. But I noticed that roots grew out of the bottom of the stems, same as what happened with my mint--I guess herbs are easy to propagate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home