dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, July 12, 2010

what I'm reading

Today I finished reading Don't Get Too Comfortable. It really improved toward the end with chapters about Long Cabin Republicans, a cleansing fast, plastic surgery, and cryogenics.

I've been reading a zine of daily journal comix called Ten Thousand Things to Do by Jesse Reklaw, and it's very good. I've also been reading the first Yotsuba book, and it's cheerful and fun. Light but not too light.

Today we went to our favorite cafe--we hadn't been there in a long time. In the morning we went to the park where there are bullfrogs. Sometimes they made their sounds. And I saw a dead one, unfortunately. We saw fish in the water and watched them swim for a while.

I have been feeling a little unmotivated and directionless. Also, I've been feeling distrustful of people and unwilling to make myself vulnerable. It's not a good combination, and I hope to feel better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home