dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 31, 2011

machines

Our vacuum cleaner stopped sucking a while ago, and our carpet needs a vacuuming pretty bad. A few days ago I asked for a working vacuum cleaner on freecycle, and this morning someone got back to me. So this evening we made the journey out to Folsom and had a great time. We drove past the historic downtown, saw some beautiful river views, saw the dam--it was getting dusky.

Also on the subject of machines, my loved mp3 player seems to have died. Sadly I lay my mp3 player to rest. First about half a year ago Erik broke the clip. Then a week or two ago, the volume button broke, so it was stuck at a particular volume. Then today it just won't turn on, and when I plug it in to charge, nothing happens. So I think it's dead, which is sad for me--it was my first mp3 player, and I loved it.

Today I also dropped my headphones. They were already missing the fluffy stuff, the fluffy black material to cushion the headphones on your ears. But when I dropped them today, I was at the park, and they landed on concrete. The left ear thing broke off, and one of the wires broke loose. So now I only get sound in my right ear.

Still I'm listening to my new Lemuria album--I put it on Erik's mp3 player. Love it! Erik's cut his hair and trimmed his beard with the electric clippers, and I got the spots he missed with scissors, shaved his neck with the electric shaver--it's like a ritual. He's in the shower to wash all the hair bits off of him. We haven't vacuumed the carpet yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home