dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, April 30, 2011

thoom

Today Erik made thoom, a type of middle eastern dip.

***

1 cup mashed potatoes
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
8 black olives, pitted and sliced in half
4 md. sliced radishes

Thoroughly combine potatoes, garlic, olive oil, yogurt, salt, and pepper; then place on a platter. Chill, and served garnished with olives and radishes.

***

It's so good--we used unsweetened plain soy yogurt, and we used kalamata olives instead of black, and we left out the radishes. I had some with Acme olive bread and a carrot.

2 Comments:

  • At May 01, 2011 1:19 AM, Anonymous MC said…

    I like to say thoom.
    THOOM.
    If you see a movie, you can add the sound of thoom or even just say thoom and everyone will jump and scream if you do it right.
    It reminds me of thunder, but thunder that fades in a second.
    It reminds me of kicking a metal dumpster.
    I love thoom.

     
  • At May 01, 2011 5:54 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yay! I love thoom too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home