dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 17, 2011

vegan spaghetti squash bread

I was desperate for a spaghetti squash bread recipe. I searched for a vegan one--no luck. So I came up with this one, veganized it, and doubled it. I will show it to you as I made it.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,154167-254194,00.html

SPAGHETTI SQUASH BREAD

2 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
6 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
Dash salt
4 flax seed meal eggs
4 tbsp. oil
1/2 c. orange juice
1 1/3 c. spaghetti squash strands, cooked
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Combine. Add nuts. Pour batter into two oiled loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until an inserted knife comes clean.

This bread is not very sweet but very delicious. Perfect use for a winter squash that was previously unpopular at Chez Erik and Laura-Marie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home