dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 22, 2012

real realness

Last night we went to a tiki party.  We wore Hawaiian shirts we bought at the thrift store.  We stayed for a long time and talked to many people.  We did great.  It was at the house of the person whose yards we're redoing.  People complimented our work.  My friend K laughed a good, true laugh at something I told her about the fall of man.  It was great to see her.  She was married to the sea.  I don't know if they're still married today.  She wore a nautical ring.

This morning Ming asked how my cranberry juice was, and I told him it was extra-real.  I'm still trying to figure out my criteria for authentic experiences.  They often involve nature.

But nature's too hot today.  I think the high is 98.  And I hope it's cooler where you are, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home