dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

better

This morning I had sesame granola for breakfast, a switch from my usual bread with pretend butter and soymilk to drink.  The neighbor installed a fish tank on the balcony.  It's right outside the window where I sit when I'm at my computer, and it makes a sound like a small fountain.  I am skeptical about the fish tank.  I think the fish will freeze in the winter.  They have a heater, but who will pay the bill?  Ming is feeding them every other day.

Right now I'm on hold.  Actually, I'm not on hold.  I'm waiting for a worker to call me back because a website is malfunctioning. 

Have I told you about the entrapment of my ulnar nerve?  It hurts in the day but hurts more in the night while I try to sleep.  Some nights are worse than others.  Sometimes I wake up so many times in the night and look at the window to see if the sun is shining yet, then look at my cellphone to see what time it is, and I'm like, "You gotta be kidding me, reality."  But last night wasn't so bad.  I had tylenol, I had advil.  And I slept most the night. 

The worker called me back.  The website is better now.  My username and password are reset. 

There's actually more to the fish tank story.  It's not a regular fish tank--it's special.  There's a tray on top where we can grow plants.  Something about the fish's waste will fertilize the plants.  I think it's aquaculture.  Maybe not--I just looked up aquaculture.  I think it's aquaponics.  Yeah yeah yeah. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home