dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

word of the father

This morning we did Christmas stuff.  I got lots of great presents--stationery, stamps, rice, useful gift cards, handmade washcloths, a purse kit from Finland.  We gave some great presents too--love letters, a zine, jordan almonds, a kalanchoe from the rare succulent shop in Cambria. 

There are enchiladas in our future, and vegan tamales, and hugs from family members.

This verse of my favorite Christmas carol is new to me, and I am roughly in love with the title of today's blog.

Yea, Lord, we greet thee,
Born this happy morning;
Jesus, to thee be glory given!
Word of the Father,
Now in flesh appearing!
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Christ the Lord.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home