dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 02, 2013

curious

This morning something really big happens and I'm sleep depriving myself in honor of it.  Ming and I just played some rummy with jokers using the special fossil playing cards we got in Mt Shasta the town. 

Yesterday we went to Oakland so Ming could help his mom and sis do some work.  I hung out at a cafe in the Dimond district then got a burrito then hung out at the library for a while.  Some little kids were using a stapler a lot, at my table, and I was so afraid of injury.  I moved to another location where some other kids and an adult were playing chess.  I read City of Glass, which is about Vancouver. 

Ming and I are about to go on an epic roadtrip to Mt Shasta the town, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane, and Boise.  We still need places to sleep half the nights (Vancouver and Spokane).  My Seattle friend suggests camping between Seattle and Vancouver.  I am worried about how it will feel to be abroad.  I'm worried it will feel too scarey, I'll feel unmoored.  I know you're probably laughing at me since Canada is a lot like the US.  I'm also worried about border crossings.  I'm also curious about how BOB will fare.  Worried / curious. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home