dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

easy awesome vegan sweet potato curry


I was reading this cookbook called Vegan Family Favorites, I think.  And I found this recipe for sweet potato curry.  It looked good, so I wrote it down.  But then I made it different from how the book instructed.  Let me tell you how.

oil
ginger
garlic
red Thai curry paste
two sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed small
can of coconut milk
half a lemon
salt

spinach
more garlic

rice

Saute a few cloves of minced garlic and an inch of minced fresh ginger in oil for a couple minutes.  Add about a tablespoon of red Thai curry paste.  Cook.  Add the sweet potatoes and cook until the spices are about to burn.  Add the coconut milk.  Add some salt, maybe a quarter teaspoon.  Cook for at least half an hour, until the sweet potatoes are very soft.  Add the juice of half a lemon.

Meanwhile, make rice in a different pot.

Also, saute some garlic in oil for a couple minutes.  Then add a lot of spinach.  Cook until wilted.

Serve with the rice on the bottom, the sweet potato curry in the middle, and the spinach on top.

Well, this dish is so good and easy I want to make it again tomorrow.  You should totally make it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home