dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 09, 2015

DIY microwave popcorn

On the internet a while back I saw you could pop popcorn in a paper bag, DIY, and we had this untouched popcorn for a long time sitting on the shelf.  So I decided to try it out.

Guess what?  It worked.  The microwave even has a popcorn setting.  There's none of that weird oiliness or bad microwave popcorn smell.

So here's what I did.  Ming gave me a smallish paper bag.  I put in a fourth of a cup of popcorn and folded the bag-end a couple times so the bag would stay closed.  I put the bag in the microwave and hit "popcorn" and stayed close by so when the pops slowed down I stopped it.

Then I carefully opened the bag, poured the popcorn into a bowl, and chowed down on it--Ming wasn't left with much.  "Pretty good, huh?" I asked him just now as he was eating some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home