dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 25, 2015

spaghetti squash, great northern beans, rice

Yesterday we cooked up about 15 spaghetti squash.  Do you know how much that is?  A lot.  I baked them and we forked them.  Our friend King R was over again and helped.  We put all the forked squash into plastic pretend tupperware things like small shoeboxes.  It filled three pretty packed.

Then this morning Ming got up early to start the beans.  I slept in until 5:30.  Today they are great northern beans.  At this point they taste really really good with carrots, onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, salt, and pepper in them.  I'm wondering it I should put more spices in or leave them be.  Looked at some recipes online and thought about thyme.  Sniffed the thyme and it didn't smell like it belonged.

Making rice too, and the spaghetti squash shreds are in the oven in a large rectangular pan covered in foil so that they can heat up.  I'll cook the sauce in a wok.  Put oregano in it.

Tonight we're picking someone up at the airport.  Her flight arrives at 10:07, past my bedtime.  But I gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home