dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 26, 2015

too busy

I am on my last nerve.  So I'm not going to the pre-trial rally today.  Ming and JR went without me.

I ended up making rice, curry, and salad last night for the gathering here that was kind of supposed to be a potluck.  I volunteered to do the salad, was asked to do the rice, and started the curry on my own initiative when time was ticking down and the person who was supposed to do the curry still wasn't here.

It was pretty good.  The lemon juice helped.  It was a vegan meal.  We saw a lot of people and it was overwhelming.

Then we had to pick someone up at the airport at 10:15 pm.  So we went to bed at 7 and got up a 9.  We had trouble finding her at terminal 1.  We went around three times.

Then this morning we got up at 4:45 am.  We had to leave here at 5:15 to get to Creech Air Force Base to vigil at 6.  It was dark when we arrived.  We saw our friends in the darkness with their banners and signs.

We vigiled for two hours.  I held my own "no torture no drones" and then "Muslim lives matter" on a piece of cardboard in the shape of a heart.

Then we had a group photo.  Then we had a closing circle.  I was annoyed because I needed to go.

Then we went to the goddess temple and Ming and I sang though I was feeling worn down.  Singing was good for me.

Then we ate toast in the guest house.  I had jam on mine.  And a nice lady gave me some apple slices.

I am stressed out and need some alone time.  I ate leftover rice and some peanutbutter candy.  My entrapped ulnar nerve hurts me sometimes, but I was able to sleep okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home