dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, February 11, 2016

squid party imagined

Gmorning, friends.  Today's mac & cheese day, and Ming brought a pretend tupperware to the soupline to catch some for us.  He's been doing this Thursdays for a while now, and I keep expecting someone to say something...he has anxiety about different things than I do.  I would have a great deal of anxiety about that.  Mine is social.

Yesterday afternoon I was sad and texted friends and they were there for me.  It felt good.  I think texting is a good invention.

Today a friend is coming over and we're having a squid party.  He doesn't have a kitchen of his own, and he's buying squid, putting it into a cooler, meeting with his lawyer, and coming over here.  Here he will cook up the vitamin S, and we call it, and I will not partake--I'm a real vegetarian.  Other people, not so much.

Last night we went to a Vedanta service, and it was good.  I liked what the swami said about chess: if you're playing chess, you have to follow the rules.  But if you decide not to play chess, you don't have to follow the rules at all.  Well, he said it better than that, but maybe you get the idea.  He was talking about maya.

Again this morning I didn't want to wake up.  I was sleeping so hard, having a dream about a mountain and some water and lack of chemistry.  Then Ming came into the bedroom to morning cuddle me and I was like damn, is it morning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home