dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, June 25, 2016

dragon

I have this computer I bought for transcribing interviews.  I needed something besides my trusty chromebook.  I needed something that runs windows.

So I bought this computer.  And I was working on the interviews, and I would over do it.  I have a pinched nerve in my neck (I had that MRI done a while back, and they saw where it's pinched).

So I bought Dragon software so I could transcribe the interviews by voice.  But it makes so many mistakes I will have to go through everything and fix it, and I don't know if I'll be any better off.

Meanwhile I've spent hundreds of dollars.

I want to have this interview book done by October and print some copies on lulu, maybe.  It's of special interest to Catholic Workers.  And we have a Catholic Worker National Gathering at the end of October here in Las Vegas.

I'm listening to this cd I made my friend.  It's mostly Christian music.  Why do I have all this Christian music?  Two of my favorite bands are Christian and not afraid to talk about it.

Like The Time Traveler's Wife, which was sci fi but marketed as regular fiction, the Innocence Mission and Sufjan Stevens are Christian but marketed as regular music.

I find it comforting, and no one understands--this coming from the crazy atheist Hindu woman.

This morning a homeless person on the line was asking about my necklace and I explained it was Ganesha.  She wants me to give her a book about him.  I agreed.

Now I have to give her my book, which is kind of sad for me, but maybe I'll keep a page for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home